Saturday, September 13, 2008

When tomorrow comes

Hi

at the end of my last post I said I would answer the question - what happens at the end of a massage session and you are not 'fixed'? Well it is 11 days later, in this case tomorrow never came at least for my computer, some filthy low life vandal invaded it with all sorts of infections that killed it - and with it a key tool for my work. Anyhow I forgive them, life must be so bad for them if they have to spend what they were given doing stuff like that!

So at the end of the session you are better but not 'fixed'.

Often my hands tell me that the problem you have come to me for is

a/ Aggressive and needs gentle intervention and it will not be hurried, to do so will bring rejection from the body as the treatment is forced onto an already stressed system.

b/ Older than you thought, in otherwords, a client with upper cervical pain that came on suddenly often has reached the end of a compensation pathway which began with a lumbar pelvic problem and the body has kept it under the radar, always adapting until it could not adapt further and it cried out for help. So treatment may need to be more widespread than you thought and this is VERY often the case. We may well need more than one session to give you relief and even more to stabilise the body so the problem will not recur or at least will not recur soon.

So maybe a quick snap or rub can relieve the pain but it will be back ASAP unless time is spent rooting out the causes, many of which begin far away from the pain itself.

We therapists ask for a fair go, and we massage therapists offer great value for a one hour session. We have time to work through the layers of the problem in a way that the body can accept and therefore it will integrate with your body.

This is my approach and you can find out more about me at my web page www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/therapist/15342

Next I will look at 'force fed therapy' or 'is it neccessary to beat the stuffing out of a client in the name of treatment?'

See ya

Michael

No comments: